Saturday, November 29, 2008

Clearing up misconceptions

When you hear about Australia, you hear about how it is always sunny and hot and everyone spends all their time surfing.
False.
Well, when I first got to Brisbane it was gorgeous most of the time-- there were so many days when it was just perfect out and nobody even mentioned it because it was just normal. But a few weeks after I left they had a series of terrible storms that killed two people, so clearly it's not always perfect. And while I was there we had a freak hailstorm.
The Northern Territory was hot and sunny, but then... that doesn't count.
Sydney, on the other hand. Sydney has been odd. We'll have some really hot and perfect days where it's perfect for the beach, but I'm always working those days. Every single weekend I've been here it has been cool, cloudy and/or rainy, and basically un-Australian. Last night we had another hail storm. Apparently this is really unusual and it should be warm by now and blah dee blah.
Basically I've decided that the Australia weather is a myth. Sorry to break it to you.

1 comment:

T said...

This makes me feel better about the weather you've seen in Wgtn. I blame climate change.